Thursday, March 26, 2015

Something Crazy

God has been teaching me so much recently. Changing me so much.

He has blessed me beyond all measure. I am overwhelmed by the love I've received and the beauty I've beheld.

He sent His perfect, holy Son into a broken world- a world of disobedience and mockery. He crushed His Son on the cross, instead of crushing me. He chose me from eternity past, called me from my deadness, washed me, sanctified me, and justified me in the name of Jesus Christ by the Spirit of God. (1 Cor. 6:11) He adopted me as His daughter.

And as if that wasn't enough, He has given me basically every physical blessing imaginable: a family,  friends, a church, a country with freedom to be a Christian, health, entertainment, laughter, adventures, travel, hot water, toilets that flush toilet paper. It's really, really incredible.

And all of it- ALL OF IT- undeserved. Even though I leave Him and disobey Him and doubt Him and get angry at Him, NONE of it is counted against me. When the holy, almighty God of the universe looks at sinful, broken me, He sees His innocent child. God does not condemn me! And if He doesn't, who can? (Rom. 8)

His love is unending; His grace is free. He cares for me personally, and I can cast all my anxieties on Him. (1 Pet. 5:7)

Jesus Christ Himself prays for me.

THAT'S CRAZY.

REALLY REALLY REALLY CRAZY.

I am seeing more and more my own weakness. But His power is made perfect in my weakness, so I will boast all the more in it. Beginning now.
I am weak. Very, very weak. Even after reveling in the beauty of the gospel one minute, the next minute my mom will ask me to do the dishes and I'm complaining. Sin comes knocking, and so many times I open the door with hardly any fight. Trials appear and I'm immediately doubting God's sovereignty.

Isn't that pathetic?! Isn't that weak?

But I'm boasting in it. Because despite all that weakness, God USES ME. God CHANGES ME. God STRENGTHENS ME. God EMPOWERS ME to stand firm against temptation. God TEACHES ME to run to Him the moment trials arise. By His grace ALONE, I am seeing myself respond rightly to more and more situations. I am seeing my love for Him and desire for Him increase. I love the Bible now. I love people now.

THAT'S CRAZY.

REALLY REALLY CRAZY.

That's all God.


No comments:

Post a Comment