Monday, March 2, 2015

The Paradox of Love

I've been thinking about love lately.

Yesterday, it hit me like a ton of bricks: I am loved. I am very loved; intensely loved; selflessly loved. I don't deserve that.

And here's the paradox of love- I am loved the best by those who know me the best. Isn't that backwards? The people who know my sin, see me fail, and suffer on my account are the very people who push me toward Christ, pick me up when I fall, and cry when I'm hurting.

It is overwhelmingly humbling to think of how much how many people have sacrificed for me.
I don't deserve that.

Human love is a beautiful picture of the Father's love for His children. He knows us better than we know ourselves, and yet He loves us more deeply than our finite minds can comprehend.

Isn't that backwards?

I don't deserve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment